It’s a fun name for bold summertime salad. Panzanella is an Italian delicious solution for extra tomatoes and stale bread. This Panzanella salad makes use of small tomatoes, which are less watery and likely to be mushy. It is composed of a large layer, which is key to its good looks. Great tomatoes are essential, so hurry up and make this Panzanella while still, you can!!
Here what you need to make this panzanella recipe:
1. Crusty Bread
You only need one-fourth of a loaf, so this is really the perfect use for stale leftover bread. You can also use the whole grain if you like.
2. TomatoesYou really can’t make good panzanella with out great tomatoes. It is highly recommended to use cherry tomatoes and other small tomatoes to make panzanella.
3. CucumberCrisp cucumber is a refreshing addition. You can also use standard cucumber, if it is particularly seedy. So slice it in half and then remove these seeds first.
4. MozzarellaThis ingredient is optional but offers a hearty, creamy component. You can buy one ball of fresh mozzarella and tear it into small pieces.
5. Fresh basilBasil makes the salad so fresh and green! It is recommend you not to skip.
6. Red onionIt is standard and offers some crisp, pungent heat. The result is lightly pickled, lightly softened red onion-irresistible.
7. Kalmata Olives and/ or CapersYou can use both, if you don’t like either, you can omit altogether.
8. Olive oil and red wine vinegarToss the bread in olive oil before baking so it gets extra crisp and golden. Then after we will stir together some additional olive oil with vinegar to make vinaigrette. The vinaigrette is intentionally zippy, since we’ve already used olive oil to make the croutons and the tomato juice mellows out the flavor.
9. Garlic, salt, pepper & dried oreganoThis salad won’t complete without some standard Italian seasonings. Don’t skimp on the freshly ground black pepper and oregano panzanella can handle it.
Hope you liked the blog. If you are looking chefs for your restaurants don’t worry we are here with you. SelectDine is one stop solution for all your restaurants/cafes need. Visit our website or call us to know more.
Hey there, foodies! Planning to start a restaurant, but have no ideas? Are you everything about food & dining? Say no more, we’ve got your back! A collection of unusual content you cannot find elsewhere-SelectDine is the solution for all your queries related to food industry.