Indian street food is a one way road to a multi dimensional gastronomical experience. From ‘Gol Gappe’ to ‘Pav Bhaji’ our street food is bursting at the seams with flavors.
The best thing about Indian street food is that the flavors are never the same everywhere you go. Street food suppliers fill the gap between the pricey restaurants and the common man, by providing a lip smacking meal at a fraction of the cost.
Street food business requires lesser investment and is the business of choice for migrants who move into the big cities looking to make it big. The below list is signs of hygiene to look out before you consume it.
1. Observe the Seller
Observe the person preparing food.
· Does he wear food handling gloves? If yes, does he change them often?
· If NO, does he wash his hands often?
· Does he follow standards of personal hygiene?
2. Observe the Food
Closely observe the food that is being served to other patrons. Does it appear fresh and healthful? Observe the ingredients used by the cook. Often, street food has pre-cooked ingredients, to shorten the time required to serve a dish on order.
· Do the pre-cooked ingredients look fresh? Are they stored properly?
· Are there visible pests such as houseflies hovering around the food? Is the food cooked thoroughly and for a good duration before being served?
· Is meat/seafood kept under refrigeration before use?
· Is purified/bottled water used in preparation of food?
· Are the utensils and vessels clean?
3. Look For a Food License
In India, it is illegal to set up a food & beverage establishment without a Food license. By law, all Indian street food vendors are required to obtain this license and display it prominently at their establishment. A food license or certification doesn’t necessarily mean that the Street food vendor is religiously following food hygiene practices. However, such a certification gives us assurance that the vendor is on the records of the local government and is accountable for his/her food products.
4. What to Avoid
Indian street food is a big part of the local culture. Certain food items like Vada Pav, Masala Dosa, Bhel Puri are now synonymous with the regions they come from. However, in view of ensuring that you consume foods that pass the test of hygiene and sanitation, we have the below list of things to avoid. This list comprises of food and beverage products that have a higher chance of contamination considering the Indian climate.
· Raw food. Raw vegetables and salads. Cooking ensures that food borne pathogens are eliminated; uncooked food therefore is a high risk option.
· Tap water. Tap water in India is not chemically purified and hence needs to be avoided unless boiled or purified on premises.
· Fruits. Avoid pre-cut fruits, it is better to consume fruits that can be peeled.
· Unsealed Seasoning and Garnishes. Avoid tomato ketchup and other sauces that are kept on the table as you cannot ascertain its expiry or how it was used by the previous customer.
· Pre-fried snacks. Deep fried snacks such as vada, bonda and samosa should be made freshly on the premises. Otherwise, it is impossible to visually ascertain the date of production of pre-fried snacks.
· Uncovered Food. Food that has been left uncovered even for short duration is prone to contamination.
Hygiene and sanitation should take the highest importance before you eat something. Everyone should follow the above process to eat healthy food as well as to keep his/her health good.
Hope you liked this blog. If you are looking to set up a new restaurant/cafe, want to expand the existing ones, need chefs for your restaurants/bakery, SelectDine is here to help you out. Visit our website or call us to know more.
I am glad to say that this is a very useful post. superb and intresting.one of the best post.this inspired a new blog. Thanks for sharing wonderful information .Online shop for halal food items in JapanReplyDelete
This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.ReplyDelete
halal food melbourne
It's really a great and helpful bit of data that you have shared here. I'm glad that you just imparted this accommodating data to us. Kindly share these types knowledge with us. Much thanks to you for sharing it.Best Indian Food MelbourneReplyDelete
Excellent information, this knowledge is excellent and very important for everyone. I am heartily thankful to you for providing this kind of information of Indian Food Melbourne. Thanks once again for sharing it.ReplyDelete
I am very obliged to you that you have shared this important information with us. I got some different kind of knowledge from your webpage, and it is helpful for everyone. Thanks for sharing it once again. halal food near meReplyDelete
Wonderful post. your post is very well written and unique. Thank you for sharing this post here. Best Indian Restaurant Near MeReplyDelete
Thank for sharing this post. I like to read about Indian Food Melbourne. Your post provides me a good knowledge. I like Indian food and read for it. To be continue. I am waiting for your new post.ReplyDelete
Wonderful post. your post is very well written and unique. Thank you for sharing this post here. Halal Food in CamberwellReplyDelete
The information you've provided is quite useful. It's incredibly instructional because it provides some of the most useful information. Thank you for sharing that. Arabic Food Edgware RoadReplyDelete
You have done great work by publishing this article here. It is useful and convenient info for us. Keep upgrading our knowledge by share these types of articles.Food and Beverages Products Wholesale SuppliersReplyDelete
All the information you mentioned in your content it's very useful for them who have searched for this. I appreciate the author's efforts in writing such useful articles. Thanks for sharing your valuable information with us. Indian Street Food in SheffieldReplyDelete
You have given essential data for us. about halal restaurant near me, It is excellent and good for everyone. Keep posting always. I am very thankful to you.ReplyDelete
It is what I was searching for is really informative.best indian restaurant near me It is a significant and useful article for us. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.ReplyDelete